Shri Jaiswal further explained about activities of Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property Management, Nagpur. There are regular Training Programmes like
- An Introduction to the IPR (for beginners).
- Drafting & Processing of Patent Application.
- Patenting System in India.
- Design, Trademarks and Geographical Indication.
- Patent Search.
- Patenting in Engineering in the institute and requested MIA members to make use of these important courses for their own benefit.
Member wanted to know about unusual long time taken for Trade Mark or Patent registration. Shri Jaiswal explained that department was under staffed but now with new recruitments the time will be reduced
President MIA Capt. C. M. Randhir while summing up lauded the effort of Shri Jaiswal for educating MIA members on very important issues like Trade Mark & Patents and advised all the members to take benefit. Following members were present Shri Chander Khosla Past President, Shri Shekhar Bendre Vice President, Shri G. L. Neema Treasurer, Shri S. M. Patwardhan, Member of MIA, Shri K. Karmakar, Shri Majumdar, Shri Ganesh Ballamwar, Shri N. K. Bhandari, Shri A. M. Omkar, Shri Tirupati Tatewar, Unit members.
Shri Krupalji Tumane, Member of Parliament Nagpur Rural Constituency was invited by Members of MIDC Industries Association at MIA House, MIDC for interactive meeting & to discuss grievances of industries in Hingna MIDC area on 20th July 2014.
Shri Krupalji Tumane was welcomed with floral bouquet & memento by MIA President Capt. C. M. Randhir. Secretary Shri Chandrashekhar Shegaonkar conducted the proceeding. Shri Tumaneji has assured to takeup the grievances with the appropriate authorities. Some of the major issues discussed were:
- MIDC Hingna to have proper sewage line laid in the entire area & as an immediate measure atleast to have suction mounted vehicle for Soak Pit Cleaning.
- Recently Labour Dept. has put MIDC Hingna area into Zone I category as against earlier Zone III. Presently Metro Cities like MUMBAI are in Zone I & they have brought industrially backward area like Nagpur also in Zone I.
- There is a steep hike in water rates to Rs. 24.00 Per cumeter.
- During peak hours there is a jam like situation on Hingna road between Octroi post & Mahindra & Mahindra factory. There is a parallel backside road between M & M & S.T. Workshop which is disconnected by railway line going to defence which is already removed, & can be connected, to avoid jam.
- Due to River Regulatory Policy applied to Nag River passing thru Hingna MIDC area more than 200 industries are affected & are not allowed to expand for want of MPCB/Environment Consent. Shri Tumane has assured to take up this issue with Shri Prakash Jawadekar, Minister of Environment.
- There is no public transport available between the 3.5 KM. stretch of Hingna & Amravati road & the Labourers going to industries inthis area are seen walking on the roadside. Also student of Educational Institutions within this area are seen walking. Hence there is a need to run Star Bus from Hingna to Nagpur thru this Central MIDC road & Wadi. Shri Tumane has assured to take up the issue with NMC.
- Existing state run (ESIS) Dispensaries at MIDC Hingna & Wadi both are ill-equipped & are mismanaged. It is the need of the day that Central Government (ESIC) take it over & manage so that there is no running between ESIC & ESIS. The contributions are paid to ESIC. Shri Tumane appreciated this fact & agreed to take up the matter at highest level.
- It is also brought to the notice of Shri Tumane that Kalmeshwar-Hingna-Butibori road work should be taken over by MIDC. He has agreed to visit the site with MIDC officials & then take a proper decision.
Secretary Shri Chandrashekhar Shegaonkar proposed vote of thanks. MIA members present during the meeting were Shri Chander Khosla Past President, Shri Shekhar Bendre Vice President, Shri G. L. Neema Treasurer, Shri K. K. Daga & Shri Sameer Khosla Jt. Secretaries, Shri N. N. Gupta, Shri S. M. Patwardhan, Shri Ganeshlal Jaiswal, Shri Arun Lanjewar & Shri Sachin Jain Member of MIA, Shri K. Karmakar, Shri N. K. Bhandari, Shri Sunil Jejani, Shri Ravindra Gupta & Shri S. K. Jaiswal, Unit members.
Following is the press release of the programme: